Indian Geography English Part-7 (Climate, Soil & Vegetation’ and ‘Drainage System’)
Climate, Soil & Vegetation’ and ‘Drainage System ” plays an important role for Exams like IAS, State PSC, SSC and other similar competitive exams. www.bkjobcenter.com presents a Complete set of Climate, Soil & Vegetation’ and ‘Drainage System Questions Answers in the form of Practice Sets.
For pdf Click here
1. Consider the following statement (s) is/are related to the Ganga
I. It is the most sacred river worshipped the Hindus in for of Goddess Ganga.
II. River Gandak is a tributary of River Ganges or River Ganga. This river is ranked as the one of the prominent rivers of Nepal and India.
Which of the above statement (s) is/are correct?
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I & II
D. Neither I nor II
2. Which of the following statement (s) is/are correct about the Coastal Rivers of Goa?
A. Mandovi River, known as Mhadai in Western Ghats of Goa and Karnataka, has three sources: the Degao, the Nanevadichi Nhõi (nhõi Means River in Konkani) and Gavali; the last two sources go dry in summer season.
B. The main origin of the river, in the form of a spring, even during summer season, is at Bavtyacho Dongor hills near Degao village in Khanapur Taluka of Belgaum Dist in Karnataka State.
C. Only A
D. Both A & B
3. On which river Baglihar Dam is situated?
4. Lohit river flows through which of the following Indian state?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Arunachal Pradesh
5. Majuli river island is located on which of the following river?
6. Through which of the following given pass the river Satluj enters in India from Tibet?
B. Nathu la
C. Shipki la
D. Nama Pass
7. Which of the following statement (s) is/are correct about the Andhra Pradesh Coastal Rivers?
A. Rivers like Vamshadhara and Nagavalli are the two coastal rivers in Srikakulam District of Andhra Pradesh.
B. Sharada River starts at Devarapally in Visakhapatnam district and drains into the Bay of Bengal.
C. Only A
D. Both A & B
8. Which of the following river flows parallel to Kaimur range flowing in the eastern-northeast direction passing the states of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar joining the River Ganga located in Patna?
9. Where is the Yamunotri Glacier situated?
A. On the Banderpoonch peaks that are part of Mussorrie range of the lower Himalayas
B. On the Manaslu peaks that are part of Mussorrie range of the lower Himalayas
C. On the Shishapangma peaks that are part of Mussorrie range of the lower Himalayas
D. On the Kailash peaks that are part of Mussorrie range of the lower Himalayas
10. Son river originates from which of the following place?
B. Gomat Tal
Question No. Answer